7 Signs of Gambling AddictionAugust 10, 2018
Gamblers use real money and that’s why it’s important to control one’s gambling habits. Although gambling is an enjoyable activity, it can lead to addiction. If you feel like you are about to get addicted, the most important action is to stop gambling for some time. We’ve created a list of 7 signs of gambling addiction to help identify the bad signs in advance.
Problem Gambling Signs
It’s not easy to accept the fact that you are having gambling problems, but it’s important to face the hard facts with confidence. If you don’t know the signs of problem gambling, look for the following signs to know whether you are completely safe or in the danger zone.
- Gambling because you want to finance your unpaid bills and debts.
- Chasing losses after losses hoping to win your money back.
- Wanting to continue gambling immediately after scooping a huge amount of money.
- Selling personal items to raise money to continue gambling.
- Spending a lot of money on gambling instead of spending the money on food, water, clothing and other human needs.
- Exceeding your planned gambling time.
- Using gambling as a reward.
Limit Your Gambling
If you notice the above signs, it’s advisable to limit your gambling activity. You must accept the fact that you are human and take the necessary actions to control your behavior. Try to limit your access to finances by having someone else manage your funds. Another useful strategy is to avoid online casinos for a certain period even if it’s an entire year. You can focus on your favorite hobbies during the break. Also, remember to track your progress and stay close to people who enjoy the same hobbies as you. Finally, remember to be patient regardless of the obvious challenges.
Remember to talk to us if you have any questions or comments.